- This event has passed.
Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) 3-Day Virtual Training SOLD OUT
July 29, 2020 - July 31, 2020$400.00
THIS TRAINING IS SOLD OUT!
TF-CBT 3-Day Virtual Training
Date: July 29-31, 2020
Time: Note, all times are in EASTERN TIME
Day 1: 10:00 – 3:00
Day 2: 9:00 – 3:00
Day 3: 9:00 – 3:00
Cost: $400 per person, inclusive of Basic TF-CBT training and 12 consultation calls
Virtual event. We will use the Zoom platform, and an invitation will be sent to registrants closer to the conference.
1) Participants must have a device that allows for both audio and visual transmission
2) Participants must be visible on the screen for the full training (minus planned breaks, of course!)
– There will be a 1-hour lunch break around noon
– Registration closes 24 hours before the start of the training
– Full refunds for cancellation are awarded up to 7 days before the start of the training
Must complete the TF-CBT web-based learning course prior to this 2-day training.
– TF-CBTweb can be found at https://tfcbt2.musc.edu/
– This web-based training provides 11 CEs and costs an additional $35
– You will be asked to upload your completion certificate prior to checking in to the 2-day training
– The completion certificate does not expire. If you completed the course XX years ago, just print out a copy of your certificate and present it to the trainer.
Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) is a heavily researched, evidence-based form of therapy designed to treat children who have experienced a traumatic event and struggle with subsequent emotional and/or behavioral problems. The model treats children with an array of trauma histories, including children with multiple and complex traumas in their lives. To learn more about TF-CBT, please visit: https://tfcbt.org/
This course is designed for mental health professionals who work with children who have experienced trauma. It is an intermediate level course.
10:00 Introduction to trauma
11:00 Introduction to PTSD
12:00 Lunch break (1 hour)
1:00 Overview of TF-CBT
1:20 Psychoeducation module
For each of the modules, participants learn about background, structure, and suggestions for practice. Resources are also recommended. For each module, cultural adaptations and ethical considerations are discussed.
9:00 Parenting module
10:20 Relaxation module
11:00 Affect module
11:30 Consultation calls and certification discussion
12:00 Lunch (1 hour)
1:00 Cognitive Processing module
9:00 Trauma Narrative module
11:00 Trauma Narrative module
12:00 Lunch (1 hour)
1:00 Conjoint Sessions module
1:30 In vivo Exposure module
2:00 Enhancing Safety module
2:30 Graduation and Secondary Traumatic Stress
Trainer: Alicia Meyer, Ph.D.
Dr. Meyer is a nationally certified TF-CBT trainer. She is the Executive Director of a non-profit agency devoted to the assessment and treatment of traumatized children. She is also the former Director of Mental Health at multiple Child Advocacy Centers (CAC) and an expert in trauma informed care for children. She often teaches these principles to community providers, the courts, child protection agencies, and States Attorneys. Her particular areas of expertise include child maltreatment and healthy parenting practices, and she conducts forensic assessments related to these issues. She is also often called upon to provide expert witness testimony to the courts.
Please contact Dr. Meyer at Alicia@tfcbtConsulting.com or 301-351-7257 for questions about the course or to make ADA accommodation requests.
Identify at least 3 ways that trauma impacts child development
Be able to reference at least 3 pieces of research discussing the evidence supporting the use of TF-CBT
Identify and describe the rationale for each component of the TF-CBT model
Describe 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Stabilization phase
Describe 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Trauma Narrative phase
Describe 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Integration phase
– Psychologists: 13 CEs. Alicia’s Place is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Alicia’s Place maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Social Workers: Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) 2-Day Training, Course #2699, is approved by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program to be offered by Alicia’s Place as an individual course. Individual courses, not providers, are approved at the course level. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ACE course approval period: 10/16/2019 – 10/16/2021. Social workers completing this course receive 11.5 Clinical Practice & 1.5 Ethics continuing education credits.
– A completion certificate is provided to the trainee at the conclusion of the 2-day training. In order to receive this completion certificate:
- Participants must fully attend all training days
- Complete and turn in a course evaluation