TF-CBT Training Package
October 23 - October 25$875.00
TF-CBT 2 1/2 Day Training & 12 Consultation Calls
About TF-CBT: Training
TF-CBT is a short-term, evidence-based treatment for children, ages 3-18, who have experienced trauma (e.g., child abuse, domestic violence, traumatic grief, and other traumatic events) and their caregivers. This components-based psychotherapy model incorporates trauma-sensitive interventions with cognitive behavioral, family, and humanistic principles. TF-CBT is empirically supported for use with youth impacted by trauma and co-occurring mental health problems. It is designated a Model Program by SAMHSA’s National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) and has received the highest scientific rating as a Well-Supported-Effective Practice by the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare (http://www.cebc4cw.org) Clinical research shows that TF-CBT significantly reduces children’s symptoms of PTSD and improves overall mental health in children and caregivers.
This two-and-a-half-day training will provide mental health and related professionals with a comprehensive understanding of TF-CBT as well as hands-on opportunities to practice the TF-CBT components. In addition, one half-day of training is devoted to formal and informal trauma assessment techniques, including information about how to screen for trauma exposure and measure trauma symptoms, using standardized screening instruments. Participants will be provided with free assessment tools and practice opportunities for administering, scoring, and providing feedback on the standardized measures. The assessment training also includes background on the prevalence of trauma exposure and trauma-related symptoms in children and adolescents.
- Assessment Feedback
- Psychoeducation and Parenting Strategies
- Affective expression and regulation
- Cognitive coping
- Trauma narrative and processing
- In vivo exposure
- Conjoint parent-child sessions
- Enhancing personal safety and future growth
- Identify and engage children and families who would benefit from TF-CBT
- Describe the treatment components and understand the underlying rationale of each component
- Learn how to link trauma assessment results to TF-CBT treatment plans and track treatment progress over time
- Learn and practice skills to implement PRACTICE treatment components
- Learn several creative approaches for doing the Trauma Narrative and practice exposure techniques
- Learn strategies for addressing distorted and unhelpful trauma-related cognitions
- Address common barriers to treatment implementation
About Consultation/Implementation Support:
Consult calls are used to support providers using TF-CBT in their own practice following training. They are also required for the TF-CBT national certification. (https://www.tfcbt.org).
- Clinicians are expected to carry a minimum of 2 TF-CBT training cases, use assessments, present on calls, and receive feedback and direction through telephone and/or video conferencing.
- Consult groups consist of approximately 8-10 participants, are 60 minutes in duration, and occur twice per month for 6 months.
Prior to the training, we ask you to complete the following:
- Complete our pre-training survey on SurveyMonkey. This will take about 20 minutes. (We will send you the link upon registration in our “Welcome Packet.”)
- Complete the full TF-CBTWeb 2.0 on-line course. The cost of this course is $35 and it offers 11 CEUs upon completion. TF-CBTWeb 2.0 may be accessed via the following weblink: www.musc.edu/tfcbt2.
- At the end of the 2 1/2 day training you will be provided with a completion certificate denoting 18 hours of face to face TF-CBT training.
- This training certificate can be used as documentation of training completion when applying for licensing renewal. Additional details will be provided in your welcome packet.
- Completion of the full TF-CBTWeb 2.0 on-line course offers 11 CEU’s upon completion.
- Wednesday/Thursday Oct 23rd/24th, 2019: 9:00am -5:00pm (arrive at 8:30 to ensure parking and a light breakfast will be provided)
- Friday Oct 25th, 2019: 9:00am -1:00pm (arrive at 8:30 to ensure parking and a light breakfast will be provided)
- Students– students may attend the TF-CBT training for $250.00 with proof of current student ID or transcript. To request this rate please contact Jill Trammell by email at Jill.Trammell@Colorado.edu.
- Early Career (you’ve graduated with your Master’s in the past 3 years)- early career professionals may attend the TF-CBT training and consultation for $700.00 with proof of graduation (e.g. diploma). To request this rate please contact Jill Trammell by email at Jill.Trammell@Colorado.edu.
- If you are an organization or agency looking to send 10 or more clinicians to our training, you will receive a 20% discount on the training cost. To request this discount please contact Jill Trammell by email at Jill.Trammell@Colorado.edu.