- This event has passed.
TF-CBT 2-Day Training & 12 Consultation Calls
October 24 - October 25$650.00
TF-CBT 2-Day In-Person Training and 12 Consultation Calls
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an evidence-based, trauma focused treatment for children and teens between the ages of 3 and 17. TF-CBT is a skills-based treatment model that decreases PTSD and depressive symptoms in children and teens and improves the relationship between children and their caregivers. This is a year-long training, offered by TF-CBT national trainers Kate Drewry, LCSW, and Matt Kliethermes, Ph. D. through the Missouri Academy of Child Trauma Studies.
- Must have a master’s degree or higher in a mental health field and be licensed or license eligible.
- Must complete TF-CBT Web (https://tfcbt2.musc.edu/ ) and provide a certificate at the first day of training. TF-CBT web is a separate fee of $35 to be paid on the website
- Will be expected to complete three TF-CBT cases over the course of the year
- Will be eligible for rostering in the State of Missouri following completion of training requirements and eligible for national certification in TF-CBT.
- It is recommended that participants read Treating Trauma and Traumatic Grief in Children and Adolescents, 2nd Ed.