TF-CBT 2-Day Training & 12 Consultation Calls
July 11 @ 9:00 am - July 12 @ 5:00 pm$700.00
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Introductory Training
Thursday, July 11th & Friday, July 12th 2019 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
UC Davis Health System Medical Education Building
4610 X Street Sacramento, CA 95817
Day 1: Lecture Hall 2222
Day 2: Lecture Hall 1222
2-Day Training & 12 Consultation Calls = $700
12 Consultation Calls only = $435
LED BY CERTIFIED TF-CBT TRAINER:
Dr. Brandi Liles. Dr. Liles has been certified as a Master Trainer for TF-CBT by the treatment developers.
Additional Information, Required Prerequisites, and Recommended Materials
- It is required that participants complete the web-based TF-CBT training at http://tfcbtmusc.edu prior to the training. The web-based training costs $35.00 and goes to MUSC for web development and updates.
- The book, “Treating Trauma and Traumatic Grief in Children and Adolescents” by Cohen,Mannarino, & Deblinger (Guildford Press, 2017, Second Edition) is required reading for this training.
TF-CBT Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training Objectives
- Develop skills for assessing traumatized youth and their caregivers and improve their understanding of which children are appropriate for TF-CBT
- Understand the concept of avoidance in maintaining trauma-related symptoms in children and how TF-CBT can successfully address avoidance in children, thereby reducing trauma-related distress
- Develop skills in using empirically supported interventions with child and adolescent victims who have experienced trauma, including interpersonal violence, abuse, and neglect
- Learn about the special considerations and unique aspects of working with traumatized youth
Certification: This 2-day training meets criterion 4 towards National TF-CBT certification. More information regarding TF-CBT certification can be found at: https://tfcbt.org/tf-cbt-certification-
In order to implement TF-CBT with clients, clinicians MUST attend the 12 consultation calls.
CE Credits: Course meets the qualifications for 12 hours of continuing education credit (12 CE credits). The UC Davis CAARE Center is approved by the CPA OPD (CPA Provider # UCD003) and California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS Provider #3873) to sponsor continuing professional education for professionals licensed in California. The UC Davis CAARE Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.