2-Day TF-CBT Training & 12 Consultation Calls
February 8 @ 9:00 am - February 9 @ 5:00 pm$400.00
TF-CBT 2 Day Training – Chesapeake, VA
Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) is a heavily researched, evidence-based form of therapy designed to treat children who have experienced a traumatic event and struggle with subsequent emotional and/or behavioral problems. The model treats children with an array of trauma histories, including children with multiple and complex traumas in their lives. To learn more about TF-CBT, please visit: https://tfcbt.org/
- Identify ways that trauma impacts child development
- Become familiar with the research evidence supporting the use of TF-CBT
- Identify and describe the rationale for each component of the TF-CBT model
- Understand 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of each of the model’s components
- Learn to implement TF-CBT with cultural modifications
- Learn strategies to sustain the practice of TF-CBT within your agency
Date: Thursday Feb 8 and Friday Feb 9, 2018
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm each day
Cost: Open training is $400 per person (includes 2-day training and 12 consultation calls)
500 Mill Stone Rd
Chesapeake, VA 23322
* Conference room is on the second floor and is not handicap accessible
* Child Care provided for an additional fee (call 301-351-7257 for more details)
Trainer: Alicia Meyer, Ph.D. Dr. Meyer is a nationally certified TF-CBT trainer. She is the Executive Director of a non-profit organization designed for the assessment and treatment of children and families who have experienced trauma. She has also held positions as the Mental Health Director at multiple Child Advocacy Centers (CAC) and is an expert in trauma informed care for children. She often teaches these principles to community providers, the courts, child protection agencies, and States Attorneys. Her particular areas of expertise include child maltreatment and healthy parenting practices, and she conducts forensic assessments related to these issues.
Consultation calls: At the end of the 2-day training, participants will be asked to sign up for a consultation call group. Generally, therapists participate in one 1-hour consultation call per month for a period of 12 months. Occasionally, groups can request two consultation calls per month for 6 months. Often times calls are set during the lunch hour (12:00-1:00), although there is flexibility in this schedule.
- Must complete the TF-CBT web-based learning course prior to this 2-day training.
- TF-CBTweb can be found at https://tfcbt.musc.edu/
- This web-based training provides 10 CEUs
- If you register before Dec 1st, the course is free but MUST be completed before the end of the year
- If you register on or after Dec 1st, the course is $35
- If you have taken the course in previous years, simply print out your completion certificate and present it to the trainer (no need to take the course a second time)
- You will be asked to present your completion certificate when you check in to the 2-day training
- Check in at 8:45 on Thursday Feb 8th
- Breakfast is on your own; coffee and tea will be provided
- There will be a 1-hour lunch break and attendees will be on their own for lunch. There is a small refrigerator for anyone who wishes to bring their own lunch.
- At the end of the 2-day training you will be provided with a completion certificate denoting 14 hours of face-to-face TF-CBT training
Certification: Listed here are the criteria to become a certified TF-CBT therapist: https://tfcbt.org/tf-cbt-certification-criteria/. This 2-day training and subsequent consultation calls meet some of the certification requirements, but please note other steps are necessary before receiving TF-CBT certification. Although encouraged and generally beneficial to therapists and their organizations, certification is optional.
Local Hotels (closest is about 20 minutes North of conference site):
Hampton Inn and Suites – Chesapeake
Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbriar
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chesapeake/Greenbriar