Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
(TF-CBT) Training and Implementation Support
TF-CBT is a short-term, evidence-based treatment for children, ages 3-18, who have experienced trauma (e.g., child abuse, domestic violence, traumatic grief, and other traumatic events) and their caregivers. This components-based psychotherapy model incorporates trauma-sensitive interventions with cognitive behavioral, family, and humanistic principles. TF-CBT is empirically supported for use with youth impacted by trauma and co-occurring mental health problems. It is designated a Model Program by SAMHSA’s National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) and has received the highest scientific rating as a Well-Supported-Effective Practice by the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare. Clinical research shows that TF-CBT significantly reduces children’s symptoms of PTSD and improves overall mental health in children and caregivers.
This two-and-a-half-day training will provide mental health and related professionals with a comprehensive understanding of TF-CBT as well as hands-on opportunities to practice the TF-CBT components.
Psychoeducation and Parenting Strategies
Affective expression and regulation
Trauma narrative and processing
In vivo exposure
Conjoint parent-child sessions
Enhancing personal safety and future growth
- Identify and engage children and families who would benefit from TF-CBT
- Describe the treatment components and understand the underlying rationale of each component
- Learn and practice skills to implement PRACTICE treatment components
- Learn how to link trauma assessment results to TF-CBT treatment plans and track treatment progress over time
- Learn several creative approaches for doing the Trauma Narrative and practice exposure techniques
- Learn strategies for addressing distorted and unhelpful trauma-related cognitions
Address common barriers to treatment implementation
DATES: November 15-17, 2017
Wed/Thurs: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:30am – 1:00pm
The workshop will take place at the Institute for Behavioral Science:
1440 15th St, Boulder, CO 80309 (https://URL REMOVED/maps/c8jcFAeGKsB2)
The cost of the training is $950 for the 2 1/2-day training and 12 case consultation calls.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT:
Please visit Eventbrite.
Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about group discounts.