- This event has passed.
TF-CBT 2-Day Training
June 12 @ 8:30 am - June 13 @ 5:00 pm
American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children (APSAC) Colloquium
Pre-Conference Advanced Training Institute #1 – Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children and Families
Location: The Sheridan New Orleans Hotel
New Orleans, LA
Dates: June 12 & 13, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(12:00 – 1:30 Lunch – on your own)
Trainer: Anthony Mannarino, PhD
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children and Families Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) has the greatest amount of empirical support of any treatment for children, adolescents, and families exposed to traumatic life events. A prerequisite for this training is completion of TF-CBT Web which can be found at https://tfcbt2.musc.edu/ . Please bring your certificates of completion to the training.
This two-day institute will present the basic tenets of TF-CBT, review the TF-CBT PRACTICE components, and diverse implementation strategies:
1. Define Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy;
2. Tell how this model differs from others in the treatment of trauma in children and adolescents;
3. Cite current empirical literature on the use of this model for children, adolescents and families exposed to traumatic events;
4. Explain the effects of multiple forms of psychological trauma on children and adolescents;
5. Explain the clinical benefits of providing integrative treatment for complex trauma.
APSAC Colloquium Early Bird Registration Fee for ONLY the Tuesday/Wednesday, June 12/13 Pre-Conference Advanced Training Institute #1 – Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children and Families
Early Bird Registration After May 14, 2018
Member $300 Member $375
Non-Member $350 Non-Member $425
Continuing Education Credit $40 (additional)
For more information about this training and the APSAC Colloquium, please visit their website: www.apsac.org