Upcoming Trainings and Consultations
Introduction to Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Overview: TF-CBT Virtual Training is a 3-half/day training program that prepares therapists and clinicians to use an innovative and evidence-based form of therapy for children. Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, or TF-CBT, is specifically adapted for children who have experienced trauma and who are having significant emotional and/or behavioral problems related to their traumatic life events.
Virtual training schedule is 3-days/4-hrs per day including breaks. Dates and times: Weds. Dec. 7th from 1-4 PM ET; Thurs. Dec. 8th from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM ET; Fri. Dec. 9th from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM ET
Cost: $325 (Access to consultation sessions will be made available for an additional fee).
Registration link: URL is https://www.ohiochildrensalliance.org/trainings
Registration for 3-half/day virtual training includes all course materials and 11 Continuing Education Credits*. Participants of this training are required to have a Master’s level degree, or be actively enrolled in a Master’s level program. Registration fee does not include TF-CBT consultation call requirement. Consultation calls are not part of the intro training course. Further information is provided during the training.* *
Participants of this training are required to have a Master’s level degree or be currently enrolled in a Master’s level program. All course attendees are required to complete the online TF-CBT web-based learning course (for a small fee, separate from this training) prior to the in-person or virtual training. TF-CBTWeb is located at: https://tfcbt2.musc.edu/ . Attendees will be required to bring proof of completion of the online training to the in-person or virtual training, for the trainer’s verification.
**Questions about Consultation Calls and full Certification options and requirements will be provided during the training days, for registered participants.
Please reach out to [email protected] with questions.
About the Trainer: Kristine Buffington, MSW, LISW-S
Kristine is a certified TF-CBT trainer, with more than 20 years of experience. Kristine is considered an expert in trauma informed care and trains providers, courts, agencies, and therapists nationwide in TF-CBT under the direction of Judith Cohen, MD and Anthony Mannarino, Ph.D., the developers of this treatment model. Kristine served as Chair of the Ohio Department of Mental Health Child Trauma Task Force Training and Evidence Based Practices Committee. She is a former member and past chair of the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) Juvenile Delinquency Committee.
THIS TRAINING IS SOLD OUT!
Three Day Basic Training – Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
No CEU’s are provided at this time
Dates: December 13-15, 2022 Tuesday – Thursday
Time: 9:00 am to 1:30 pm Pacific Time/11amCentral/noon Eastern
Please check your local time
Training Registration Fee: $325.00/per person
Consultation Calls Fee:
$855.00 for 12 calls and audio review for Los Angeles DMH training protocol (14 will be offered to make up calls)
$495.00 for 12 calls for national certification
Due Date: Payment must be received a week after registration to hold seat due to limited capacity. You may request to be invoiced, pay through PayPal, or Venmo. Agenda will be provided once registration is confirmed. You can mail or e-mail this registration form: Rivas-3-Day-Dec2022-Virtual-Training-Registration
Please select what you are including in your registration.
Make check payable to: Lisette Rivas and mail to: PO Box 250805, Glendale, CA 91225
VIRTUAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Each training participant is required to have a web camera, microphone and speakers (i.e. on laptop, computer or cell phone) in order to participate in the TF-CBT training via web-platform. The trainer is required to ensure that each attendee participates in at least one of these interactive activities or discussions for at least two training segments. Participants must participate in all of the training segments in order to receive credit for having attended the training. In order to have a sign-in sheet IT person will take random screen shots during training. You will need to have a strong and fast Wi-Fi signal (for stability) as Zoom requires a min of 1-3 mbps for both upload and download speeds. IT person will be on Zoom 10 minutes earlier to go over any issues that may happen, or to check make sure your equipment is working correctly (i.e. microphone, camera and speakers).
REQUIREMENTS FOR 3-DAY TF-CBT TRAINING
Completion of 10 hour online TF-CBT training prior to training to get familiar with the basics. There is a $35.00 fee to take online training. Registration to this prerequisite can be done on following link: http://tfcbt2.musc.edu
If you sign up for a training and cannot attend, you must inform us at least 15 days or more from the training date to receive 50% of the registration fee back to you. Fee will be returned in a form of a check. No cash refunds will be provided. No refunds will be given if cancelled within 14 days from day of training. You must attend all days of the three-day training as scheduled, in order to receive credit and certificate of attendance. No credit and/or refunds will be given to those who attend one day only. If you attend one day, you lose your fee and credit. No exceptions.
CONFIRMATION NOTICES AND CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
We will confirm your registration by email once payment is received and with a follow up email about a week before the training. Please call us if you do not receive a confirmation. Successful completion includes full attendance of all days. No partial credit will be given. Certificates of completion are provided within a week after training and verification of payment. If your agency registered you, certificates will be emailed to the person responsible for registering the participants. If you register as an individual, the certificate will be given to you at the end of the training.
REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO VERIFY TRAINING
The following documents that we can provide upon registration and completion of training are: sign in sheets, receipts for payment, and certificates of attendance. Please note that once these documents have been sent to you, a reprint of certificates, receipts, and/or sign in sheets would be available for $50.00 per copy requested.
Need a TF-CBT Booster?
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) is an evidence-based
psychotherapy approach designed to treat posttraumatic stress and related emotional and
behavioral difficulties in children and adolescents.
Advanced Training builds on TF-CBT Basic Training to provide clinicians with deeper
knowledge of TF-CBT and its application in therapy. Through this training clinicians benefit
from the expertise of Dr. David Hong as well as the opportunity to practice their clinical skills
with others. By exploring the use of TF-CBT in a variety of situations, this training equips
clinicians to apply TF-CBT in even the most complex and difficult cases.
Who should take this training?
Advanced Training is designed for those who have completed TF-CBT Basic Training.
This training may be attended as a booster for anyone interested in strengthening their
understanding and practice of TF-CBT. It is appropriate for those who have never
attended Advanced Training or who attended Advanced Training several years ago, as
the content of this training evolves over time.
Dates: Fri, Jan 13th, 9am – 3pm (CT) & Sat, Jan 14th, 9am – 1pm (CT)
CEUs: 9 hours
To Register: Register here: www.washburntraininginstitute.org/advancedtfcbt
Questions? Contact: [email protected]
Trainer: Dr. David Hong, PsyD, LP
Dr. Hong is a nationally certified trainer and practitioner of TF-CBT. He earned a doctoral degree from the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology. Dr. Hong specializes in services for children, adolescents and immigrant populations with a focus on trauma. In his 10+ years he has trained domestically and internationally, including the very first TF-CBT training for clinicians in the Philippines.
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Training and Implementation
This two-day virtual training will provide mental health and related professionals with a comprehensive understanding of TF-CBT as well as hands-on opportunities to practice the TF-CBT components. In addition, significant training time is devoted to formal and informal trauma assessment techniques, including information about how to screen for trauma exposure and measure trauma symptoms, using standardized screening instruments. Participants will be provided with free assessment tools and learn how to provide feedback on the standardized assessment measures. The assessment training also includes background on the prevalence of trauma exposure and trauma-related symptoms in children and adolescents.
- Monday, January 30, 2023: 8:30am-5:00pm Mountain Time
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023: 9:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time
Please adjust for your time zone accordingly.
The training will take place virtually via Zoom.
The cost of the training is $875 for the 2 day training and 12, 1 hour, case consultation calls.
Students: may attend the TF-CBT training and consultation for $250.00 with proof of current student ID or transcript. To request this rate please contact Niama Al-Nima at [email protected].
Early Career: (you’ve graduated with your Master’s in the past 3 years) – early career professionals may attend the TF-CBT training and consultation for $700.00 with proof of graduation (e.g. diploma). To request this rate please contact Natalie Blunt at [email protected]
Group Agency Discount: If your organization or agency sends 10 or more clinicians to our training a 20% discount will be offered to the overall training cost. To request this discount please contact Natalie Blunt [email protected]
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT:
Please visit: January Open Training: Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training & Implementation, Hosted online, Mon Jan 30th 2023, 8:30 am – Tue Jan 31st 2023, 5:00 pm MST | Humanitix
About Consultation/Implementation Support:
Consult calls are used to support providers using TF-CBT in their own practice following training. They are also required for the TF-CBT national certification. (https://www.tfcbt.org).
- Clinicians are expected to carry a minimum of 2 TF-CBT training cases, use assessments, present on calls, and receive feedback and direction through telephone and/or video conferencing.
- Consult groups consist of approximately 10-12 participants, are 60 minutes in duration, and occur twice per month for 6 months.
About the Trainers:
Kimberly Shipman, Ph.D.
Dr. Shipman is on faculty at the Institute of Behavioral Science at the University of Colorado, Boulder. She is a developmental and child clinical psychologist with expertise in child development, child trauma, parent-child communication, and evidence-based mental health treatment. She is an expert in TF-CBT and completed the “train-the-trainer” program with its developers. She regularly conducts TF-CBT trainings as well as training in other evidence-based practices.
Monica Fitzgerald, Ph.D.
Dr. Fitzgerald is a licensed clinical psychologist and senior research associate at the Institute of Behavioral Science at the University of Colorado, Boulder. She directs the Evidence Based Training Initiative which disseminates evidence-based, trauma-focused interventions for youth and their families, including Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Prior to the training, we ask you to complete the following:
1. Complete our pre-training survey on Qualtrics. This will take about 25 minutes. You can complete the survey here: https://cuboulder.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eqUOZjKh7U9pW8C
2. Complete the full TF-CBTWeb 2.0 on-line course. The cost of this course is $35 and it offers 11 CEUs upon completion. TF-CBTWeb 2.0 may be accessed via the following weblink: www.musc.edu/tfcbt2.
- At the end of the two-day training you will be provided with a completion certificate denoting 16 hours of live virtual TF-CBT training.
- This training certificate can be used as documentation of training completion when applying for licensing renewal.
- Completion of the full TF-CBTWeb 2.0 on-line course offers 11 CEUs upon completion.
Please contact Niama Al-Nima ([email protected]) if you have any questions about training, consultation, preparatory work, or web-based registration
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Clinical Training– February 1-3, 2023
A three-day training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy led by TF-CBT National Trainer, Dr. Carole Swiecicki, Ph.D. This intermediate training covers the fundamental techniques of TF-CBT. Registration includes 12 consultation calls (approx. twice per month) and meets standards for National Certification in TF-CBT.
- Event Location: This interactive, live training will be delivered virtually via Zoom
- Event Dates: February 1, 2 and 3, 2023
- Event Schedule: 9:00am – 2:00pm EST
- Consultation: Consultation includes 12, 1-hour calls conducted approximately twice each month via Zoom. Participants will be sent a Doodle poll at the completion of the 3-day training to select a consultation call group.
- Training Fee: $585 per person, includes 3-day training and 12 consultation calls
- CE Credits: A maximum of 12 CE credits are available. See below for details
- Deadline/Cancellations: Registration closes Weds, Jan. 25, 2023. Refunds for cancellation are awarded up to 7 days before the start of the training. All refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee. To request a refund please email [email protected].
- Requests for ADA Accommodations can be made by emailing or calling Dr. Swiecicki at [email protected] or 843-874-8526
- Training website/registration: https://bit.ly/TFCBT-Feb23
- Registration space is limited.
For additional information, go to https://bit.ly/TFCBT-Feb23 or email [email protected] .
- All training activities will be conducted on the Zoom platform. Registrants will receive an invitation no later than one week prior to the training.
- Training times are in EASTERN standard time.
- This training will not be recorded. To become eligible for TF-CBT rostering, all three days of training must be attended live.
- Participants must have a device that allows for both audio and visual transmission. Even over Zoom this is an interactive training with role plays and participation!
- Participants must be visible on the screen for the full training (minus planned breaks, of course!)
About the Trainer
Dr. Carole Swiecicki, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist, owner at Harbor Maple Counseling and Psychological Services and Affiliate Assistant Professor in the MUSC Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. She also provides direction on evidence-based practices in responding to child abuse with the Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center and programmatic guidance on traumatic stress with Remolina Support Programs. She received her Ph.D. in clinical psychology at St. Louis University, followed by a psychology internship at the National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center at the Medical University of South Carolina. Her clinical work and research focuses on disseminating effective assessments and interventions for traumatized children, teens, and adults. Dr. Swiecicki has delivered TF-CBT in English and Spanish, and in outpatient, residential, and community (e.g., home, school) settings. Dr. Swiecicki is a national trainer in TF-CBT and Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She is a former member of the board of directors at National Children’s Alliance, Child Advocacy Centers of Virginia and the South Carolina Network of Children’s Advocacy Centers.
- Identify at least 3 emotional, behavioral and/or cognitive impacts of trauma exposure in childhood.
- Be able to reference at least 3 clinical symptom outcomes that the empirical research shows are improved through delivery of TF-CBT.
- Identify and describe the rationale for each component of the TF-CBT model.
- Demonstrate 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Stabilization phase.
- Demonstrate 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Trauma Narrative phase.
- Demonstrate 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Integration phase.
- Identify 2 common ethical considerations in delivering trauma therapy with youth, and resources for support.
- Social Workers: This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers – South Carolina Chapter (CE Approval # 886385087) to offer 12 continuing education general contact hours.
- Psychologists: This live activity is approved for a maximum of 12.0 APA CE credit(s). Psychologists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Harbor Maple Counseling & Psychological Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Harbor Maple Counseling & Psychological Services maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Traumatized Children and Their Families
CONFERENCE BROCHURE: Pittsburgh TF-CBT Training 2023
DATES: Thursday and Friday, March 30 -31, 2023, 8:00am-4:00pm
George J. Magovern, MD Auditorium
Allegheny General Hospital
320 East North Avenue
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212-4772
PARKING: Parking is available at the James Street Garage for a discounted rate of $5.00
Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), developed by Judith Cohen, Anthony Mannarino, and Esther Deblinger, is an empirically supported treatment for children and families exposed to traumatic life events. This two-day training will provide an intensive review of all of the TF-CBT treatment components, with a specific focus on clinical implementation strategies.
This conference is intended for mental health professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, licensed counselors, and licensed nurses.
Anthony P. Mannarino, PhD
Professor of Psychiatry, Drexel University College of Medicine
Chair, Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Institute
Director, AGH Center for Traumatic Stress in Children & Adolescents, Allegheny Health Network Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Participants are required to complete the online training course “TF-CBT Web2.0” available at https://tfcbt2.musc.edu prior to attending the in- person training. Participants must bring their certificate of completion for the web-based course to the March 30-31st training.
The registration fee includes conference materials, CE credits and continental breakfast, break, refreshments and lunch both days.
Deadline: March 25, 2023
After this date, registrations will be taken on a space available basis.)
To Register: To register online, click TFCBT 2023 Or please visit our website at: https://cme.ahn.org/ select Conference Schedule from the left menu and scroll down to locate the conference. Any questions please contact [email protected]
Refund Policy: Eligibility for a registrant refund is based on the following criteria. Please note, all registrants must email CME department within the specified time frames to be eligible for a refund. To receive a full refund, registrants must provide written notification to the CME department no sooner than 30 days of activity start date. Registrants that notify the CME department within 14-29 days prior to activity will receive a 50% refund.
Allegheny General Hospital reserves the right to cancel or postpone any conference because of unforeseen circumstances or insufficient enrollment. In the event of such cancellation, full tuition will be refunded.