- Are graduate students eligible for TF-CBT certification?
- If I have lost my certificate of completion for TF-CBTWeb, how can I obtain another copy?
- I have participated in a one-day, live TF-CBT training. Is that sufficient to meet the live TF-CBT training criterion?
- I have participated in a TF-CBT training but I don’t know if the trainer is a graduate of the TF-CBT Train-the-Trainer (TTT) Program. How can I find this out?
- I have completed TF-CBT with three children but in only two cases did the caretaker participate. Is that sufficient to meet the criterion related to number of cases?
- If I do not pass the TF-CBT Knowledge-Based Test, will I be permitted to take it again?
- Is there a maximum amount of time allowed between the two day training and starting consultation calls in order to be eligible for certification?
- Do two separate one day TF-CBT live trainings qualify for certification?
- Do youth have to meet established clinical-cut off scores on standardized instruments in order for treatment cases to count?
- I work in a residential treatment program and parents rarely participate in treatment. However, I often include direct care staff in TF-CBT treatment with youth. Is it acceptable to count these towards cases in which caregivers were included in treatment?
- Is there any way I can prepare to take the TF-CBT certification test?
- Does a two-day Advanced TF-CBT training by an approved TF-CBT trainer count toward the eligibility requirements?
- What happens if I miss a consultation call?
- Where can I find out about upcoming two-day TF-CBT training events?
- I have attended a two-day TF-CBT training. How can I access consultation and/or join consultation group?
- How secure is your website regarding the transmission of payments (Security Policy)?
- What is your Refund Policy?
- How much time will I have to take the TF-CBT Knowledge-Based Test?
- I just passed my exam but I’m not connected to a printer at this time. How do I get my certificate?
- After completing face-to-face training and consultation calls (or learning collaborative), is there a time limit for becoming certified?
- I am using TF-CBT in group format. Does this count toward TF-CBT certification?
No. Only mental health professionals with a master’s or doctoral degree who are licensed in their home state. However, graduate students or post-doctoral fellows who received two days of TF-CBT training and at least 12 TF-CBT consultation/supervision sessions from approved trainers/supervisors during their graduate training will be eligible for certification once they have completed the other requirements and are licensed in their state.
Please contact the web administrator for TF-CBTWeb at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire how to obtain another copy.
No. The live clinical training must be at least two days.
Please contact the TF-CBT Manager at email@example.com to obtain this information.
Yes. We require completion of at least three cases with TF-CBT and the participation of caretakers in at least two of the cases.
Yes. You will be permitted to take it again six months later but you will be required to pay an additional $50.00 to take it a second time.
Prior to 2/1/2013, consultation calls can occur at any time after the live clinical training. For any live training which occurs after 2/1/2013, consultation calls must occur within 2 years of the dates of the training.
No. The live training must occur over two consecutive days.
No. No specific score is required on standardized instruments in order for a case to count towards TF-CBT certification, as long as the instrument was used to assess outcomes pre- and post-TF-CBT treatment.
Yes. For therapists working in residential settings, including direct care staff can be counted as including caregivers.
Studying for the test is not necessary. The live and web-based training as well as the consultation calls should be sufficient preparation, but reviewing the web-based training and the treatment manual prior to the test may be helpful.
You are expected to attend all 12 consultation calls, but 3 missed calls due to vacation or illness are acceptable.
Upcoming trainings will be continuously listed on this website.
New consultation groups will be listed on this website under Training & Consultation.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
All payments are final. Accordingly, please verify that your TF-CBT trainer, consultant, and/or supervisor is approved, if you have any doubts, by contacting the TF-CBT Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will have 2 hours. If you experience a power outage and are not able to complete the test, please contact the TF-CBT Manager at email@example.com.
Your certificate is always available under the My Account page.
No. You may apply to become certified at any time after completing TF-CBT face-to-face training and consultation or learning collaborative.
Yes, you may count one TF-CBT treatment case provided in group format toward TF-CBT certification, provided that:
a) the trauma narrative was done in individual “break out” sessions;
b) the parent was included in treatment and
c) the clinician applying for certification worked directly with one parent/child dyad.