Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training
The Missouri Academy for Child Trauma Studies
A four-day (morning) training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy led by TF-CBT National Trainer, Dr. Matt Kliethermes, Ph.D. The training includes 12 months of consultation and meets standards for State and National Certification in TF-CBT.
- Event Location: This interactive training is delivered virtually via Zoom
- Event Dates: February 2nd, 3rd, 6th, and 7th, 2023
- Event Time: 9am-12pm CST (10am-1pm EST/7am-10am PST)
- Training Fee: $600 per person
For additional information, please reach out to [email protected]
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an evidence-based, trauma focused treatment for children and teens between the ages of 3 and 17. TF-CBT is a skills-based treatment model that decreases PTSD and depressive symptoms in children and teens and improves the relationship between children and their caregivers.
- Must have a master’s degree or higher in a mental health field and be licensed or license eligible.
- Must complete TF-CBTWeb (https://tfcbt2.musc.edu/) and provide a certificate at the first day of training. TF-CBTWeb is a separate fee of $35 to be paid on the MUSC website.
- Will be expected to complete 3 TF-CBT cases over the course of the year.
- Will be eligible for state-level rostering via MoACTS and eligible for national certification following completion of training requirements.
The Missouri Academy for Child Trauma Studies (MoACTS) is the training arm of Children’s Advocacy Services of Greater St. Louis at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, a Category II and Category III site of NCTSN. MoACTS trains child-serving clinicians and professionals throughout the state of Missouri and the United States.
About The Trainer:
Matthew D. Kliethermes, Ph.D., is the Training Director at Children’s Advocacy Services of Greater St. Louis (CASGSL) and an Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychological Sciences at the University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL). Dr. Kliethermes has over 20 years of experience and extensive training in the field of child trauma. He provides direct clinical services to youth exposed to trauma, supervises mental health trainees, teaches at the undergraduate level, and provides frequent training and consultation at local, state, and national levels. Dr. Kliethermes is a nationally certified Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) trainer and the author of multiple book chapters and articles pertaining to TF-CBT and childhood trauma.