Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Clinical Training– December 6-8, 2023
A three-day training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy led by TF-CBT National Trainer, Dr. Carole Swiecicki, Ph.D. This intermediate training covers the fundamental techniques of TF-CBT. Registration includes 12 consultation calls (approx. twice per month) and meets standards for National Certification in TF-CBT.
- Event Location:This interactive, live training will be delivered virtually via Zoom
- Event Dates:Dec. 6, 7 and 8, 2023
- Event Schedule: 12:00 noon – 5:00pm EST (9:00am – 2:00pm PST)
- Consultation:The training program includes 12, 1-hour consultation calls conducted approximately twice each month via Zoom. Participants will be sent a Doodle poll at the completion of the 3-day training to select a consultation call group.
- Training Fee:$585 per person, includes 3-day training and 12 consultation calls
- CE Credits: A maximum of 12 CE credits are available. See below for details
- Deadline/Cancellations: Registration closes Fri., Dec. 1, 2023. Refunds for cancellation are awarded up to 7 days before the start of the training. All refunds are subject to a 5% processing fee. To request a refund please email [email protected].
- Requests for ADA Accommodations can be made by emailing or calling Dr. Swiecicki at [email protected]or 843-874-8526
- Training website/registration: https://harbormaple.com/TFCBT-Dec23
- Registration space is limited.
- All training activities will be conducted on the Zoom platform. Registrants will receive an invitation no later than one week prior to the training.
- Participants must have a device that allows for both audio and visual transmission. Even over Zoom this is an interactive training with role plays and participation!
- Participants must be visible on the screen for the full training (minus planned breaks, of course!)
- This training will not be recorded. To become eligible for TF-CBT certification, all three days of training must be attended live.
About the Trainer
Dr. Carole Swiecicki is a licensed psychologist, owner at Harbor Maple Counseling and Psychological Services and Remolina Support Programs, and Affiliate Assistant Professor in the MUSC Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. She also provides consultation with her local Children’s Advocacy Center and co-directs a statewide implementation project to improve access to evidence-based, trauma-focused therapies among youth in South Carolina. She received her Ph.D. in clinical psychology at St. Louis University, followed by a psychology internship at the National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center at the Medical University of South Carolina. Her clinical work and research focuses on disseminating effective assessments and interventions for traumatized children, teens, and adults. Dr. Swiecicki has delivered TF-CBT for over 17 years, in English and Spanish, and in outpatient, residential, and community (e.g., home, school) settings. She has overseen clinical service delivery at two children’s advocacy centers. Dr. Swiecicki is a national trainer in TF-CBT and Alternatives for Families: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She is a former member of the board of directors at National Children’s Alliance, Child Advocacy Centers of Virginia and the South Carolina Network of Children’s Advocacy Centers.
- Identify at least 3 emotional, behavioral and/or cognitive impacts of trauma exposure in childhood.
- Be able to reference at least 3 clinical symptom outcomes that the empirical research shows are improved through delivery of TF-CBT.
- Identify and describe the rationale for each component of the TF-CBT model.
- Demonstrate 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Stabilization phase.
- Demonstrate 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Trauma Narrative phase.
- Demonstrate 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Integration phase.
- Social Workers: This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers – South Carolina Chapter (CE Approval # 886385087) to offer 12 continuing education general contact hours.
- Psychologists: This live activity is approved for a maximum of 12.0 APA CE credit(s). Psychologists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Harbor Maple Counseling & Psychological Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Harbor Maple Counseling & Psychological Services maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Licensed Counselors: Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Clinical Training has been approved by NBCC for NBCC credit. Harbor Maple Counseling & Psychological Services is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Approval No. SP-4254.