Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Training and Implementation
This two-day virtual training will provide mental health and related professionals with a comprehensive understanding of TF-CBT as well as hands-on opportunities to practice the TF-CBT components. In addition, significant training time is devoted to formal and informal trauma assessment techniques, including information about how to screen for trauma exposure and measure trauma symptoms, using standardized screening instruments. Participants will be provided with free assessment tools and learn how to provide feedback on the standardized assessment measures. The assessment training also includes background on the prevalence of trauma exposure and trauma-related symptoms in children and adolescents.
- Monday, January 30, 2023: 8:30am-5:00pm Mountain Time
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023: 9:00am-5:00pm Mountain Time
Please adjust for your time zone accordingly.
The training will take place virtually via Zoom.
The cost of the training is $875 for the 2 day training and 12, 1 hour, case consultation calls.
Students: may attend the TF-CBT training and consultation for $250.00 with proof of current student ID or transcript. To request this rate please contact Niama Al-Nima at [email protected].
Early Career: (you’ve graduated with your Master’s in the past 3 years) – early career professionals may attend the TF-CBT training and consultation for $700.00 with proof of graduation (e.g. diploma). To request this rate please contact Natalie Blunt at [email protected]
Group Agency Discount: If your organization or agency sends 10 or more clinicians to our training a 20% discount will be offered to the overall training cost. To request this discount please contact Natalie Blunt [email protected]
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT:
Please visit: January Open Training: Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training & Implementation, Hosted online, Mon Jan 30th 2023, 8:30 am – Tue Jan 31st 2023, 5:00 pm MST | Humanitix
About Consultation/Implementation Support:
Consult calls are used to support providers using TF-CBT in their own practice following training. They are also required for the TF-CBT national certification. (https://www.tfcbt.org).
- Clinicians are expected to carry a minimum of 2 TF-CBT training cases, use assessments, present on calls, and receive feedback and direction through telephone and/or video conferencing.
- Consult groups consist of approximately 10-12 participants, are 60 minutes in duration, and occur twice per month for 6 months.
About the Trainers:
Kimberly Shipman, Ph.D.
Dr. Shipman is on faculty at the Institute of Behavioral Science at the University of Colorado, Boulder. She is a developmental and child clinical psychologist with expertise in child development, child trauma, parent-child communication, and evidence-based mental health treatment. She is an expert in TF-CBT and completed the “train-the-trainer” program with its developers. She regularly conducts TF-CBT trainings as well as training in other evidence-based practices.
Monica Fitzgerald, Ph.D.
Dr. Fitzgerald is a licensed clinical psychologist and senior research associate at the Institute of Behavioral Science at the University of Colorado, Boulder. She directs the Evidence Based Training Initiative which disseminates evidence-based, trauma-focused interventions for youth and their families, including Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Prior to the training, we ask you to complete the following:
1. Complete our pre-training survey on Qualtrics. This will take about 25 minutes. You can complete the survey here: https://cuboulder.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eqUOZjKh7U9pW8C
2. Complete the full TF-CBTWeb 2.0 on-line course. The cost of this course is $35 and it offers 11 CEUs upon completion. TF-CBTWeb 2.0 may be accessed via the following weblink: www.musc.edu/tfcbt2.
- At the end of the two-day training you will be provided with a completion certificate denoting 16 hours of live virtual TF-CBT training.
- This training certificate can be used as documentation of training completion when applying for licensing renewal.
- Completion of the full TF-CBTWeb 2.0 on-line course offers 11 CEUs upon completion.
Please contact Niama Al-Nima ([email protected]) if you have any questions about training, consultation, preparatory work, or web-based registration