Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
This is a live, online training. It is a three-day program, February 15-17, 2023. TF-CBT is an evidence-based trauma treatment for children and adolescents. It is attachment-focused, involving caregivers. This training is intended for master or doctoral level mental health clinicians and meets partial requirements for national certification. Earn 12 social work CEs.
Before attending this CE program, you must take the online introductory course at tfcbt2.musc.edu.
- Hosted by Western Michigan University School of Social Work Continuing Education
- Wednesday February 15th thru Friday, February 17th from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM ET
- Cost is $360 (how to access consultation sessions will be discussed at the workshop. The consultation sessions are for an additional cost).
- For more information and/or registration use this link: https://wmich.edu/events/69538
- If questions or more assistance contact Tammy Morgan at [email protected]
About the trainer: Kristine Buffington, MSW, LISW-S, is a certified TF-CBT trainer, with more than 20 years of experience. She is considered an expert in trauma informed care and trains providers, courts, agencies, and therapists nationwide in TF-CBT under the direction of Judith Cohen, MD and Anthony Mannarino, Ph.D., the developers of this treatment model. Kristine served as Chair of the Ohio Department of Mental Health Child Trauma Task Force Training and Evidence Based Practices Committee.