Introduction to Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
This 3 day (4-hrs/day) virtual training program prepares therapists and clinicians to use an innovative and evidence-based form of therapy for children. Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, or TF-CBT, is specifically adapted for children who have experienced trauma and who are having significant emotional and/or behavioral problems related to their traumatic life events.
- Wednesday, August 24, 2022 1:00 PM-5:00 PM, Thursday, August 25, 2022 & August 26, 2022 8:30 AM-12:30 PM EDT
- Registration fee is $325 for 3-day virtual training, and includes all course materials and 12 Continuing Education Credits. Participants of this training are required to have a Master’s level degree, or be actively enrolled in a Master’s level program.
- The follow up consultation sessions will be made available at an additional cost and more information about the consultation calls will be provided during the workshop.
- This virtual TF-CBT is sponsored by Ohio Children’s Alliance
- Click here to learn more and to register: TF-CBT Training (memberclicks.net)
- Nancy Drouet is the contact person: [email protected] or [email protected]
Trainer: Kristine Buffington, MSW, LISW-S
Kristine is a certified TF-CBT trainer, with more than 20 years of experience. Kristine is considered an expert in trauma informed care and trains providers, courts, agencies, and therapists nationwide in TF-CBT under the direction of Judith Cohen, MD and Anthony Mannarino, Ph.D., the developers of this treatment model. Kristine served as Chair of the Ohio Department of Mental Health Child Trauma Task Force Training and Evidence Based Practices Committee. She is a former member and past chair of the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) Juvenile Delinquency Committee.
Participants of this training are required to have a Master’s level degree or be currently enrolled in a Master’s level program. All course attendees are required to complete the online TF-CBT web-based learning course (for a small fee, separate from this training) prior to the in-person or virtual training. Go to TF-CBTWeb and click “register”. Attendees will be required to bring proof of completion of the online training to the in-person or virtual training, for the trainer’s verification.
*Questions about Consultation Calls and full Certification requirements will be provided during the training days, for registered participants.