REGISTRATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
FREE Advanced Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training – SOLD OUT!
Monday, November 27, 2023
9 am to 5 pm Eastern Time
Online Event (via Zoom)
This virtual Advanced TF-CBT training will be led by TF-CBT National Trainer, Carrie Epstein, LCSW-R.
Training Fee: There is no fee for this training.
To Request a Training Registration Form:
- Email Carrie Epstein, LCSW-R, National TF-CBT Trainer, Co-Director of the Yale Center for Traumatic Stress and Recovery at [email protected]
- Use the following Subject Line: Requesting Training Registration Form for Advanced TF-CBT training
About the Trainer:
Carrie Epstein, LCSW-R is Co-Director of the Yale Center for Traumatic Stress and Recovery and Assistant Professor at the Yale Child Study Center at the Yale University School of Medicine. For the past 30 years, Ms. Epstein has been providing treatment, supervision and consultation on providing mental health treatment and on developing new programs for children and families impacted by trauma and traumatic grief. She is recognized internationally as an expert in the field of child trauma, child traumatic grief and disaster response, providing training and consultation to organizations nationally and internationally, including to multiple countries across Europe, Lebanon and China. One of the original Principal Investigators of the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN), Ms. Epstein has responded to and provided consultation after multiple school shootings and other mass casualty events, including the attacks on September 11th, the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, and the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas.
Training participants are required to have completed the following prior to registering for this Advanced TF-CBT training:
- TF-CBT web-based learning course (TF-CBTWeb:https://tfcbt2.musc.edu/)
- TF-CBT basic training and consultation calls with a TF-CBT National Trainer
Virtual Training Description:
This virtual training will provide mental health professionals with an opportunity to deepen their skills in implementing TF-CBT. Training will cover multiple topics, including:
- Incorporating Gradual Exposure into all PRACTICE components
- Crises of the week (COWs): How to Best Respond and Remain Trauma-Focused
- Implementing TF-CBT: Challenging Clinical Situations
- Implementing TF-CBT with Children Impacted by Traumatic Grief
- Modifications to the TF-CBT Components with Cases of Traumatic Grief
- Grief-Focused Components:
- Grief Psychoeducation
- Grieving the Loss and Resolving Ambivalent Feelings
- Grief-Focused Components: Preserving Positive Memories
- Grief-Focused Components: Redefining the Relationship and Committing to New Relationships
- Grief-Focused Components: Making Meaning in Life after a Traumatic Death