Advanced Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Training
Date & time: June 8, 2023 8:30am-5:00pm PST
This is a live interactive webinar event that utilizes group discussion and interactive polling.
We will use the Zoom platform, and an invitation will be sent to registrants closer to the
Training times listed in the agenda below are in PACIFIC standard time.
1) Participants must have a device that allows for both audio and visual transmission
2) Participants must be visible on the screen for the full training (minus planned breaks, of
– There will be a 1 hour lunch break around noon Pacific time
– Registration closes 24 hours before the start of the training
– Full refunds for cancellation are awarded up to 7 days before the start of the training. To
request a refund please email [email protected] or request one through Eventbrite
– Eventbrite requires a nonrefundable fee of $7.73 USD when purchasing a ticket.
– Alicia’s Place Consulting and its contractors and trainers do not receive commercial support to
conduct CE trainings. There are no known conflicts of interest, financial or otherwise.
– Completion of the Basic TFCBT training with a certified trainer.
Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) is a heavily researched,
evidence-based form of therapy designed to treat children who have experienced a traumatic
event and struggle with subsequent emotional and/or behavioral problems. The model treats
children with an array of trauma histories, including children with multiple and complex traumas
in their lives. To learn more about TF-CBT, please visit: https://tfcbt.org/ .
This course is designed for mental health professionals who work with children who have
experienced trauma. It is an advanced level course.
Agenda (in PST):
9:10am: Remote TF-CBT: Informing Treatment
11:10am: Complex Trauma: Assessment/Inclusion & Exclusion
1:00pm: TF-CBT with Youth (under age 12): Youth with Problematic Sexual Behavior
2:40pm: Complex Trauma: Trauma Narrative: A Deeper Dive
4:40pm – 5:00pm: Wrap Up
Trainer: Ceth Ashen, PhD
This training is being offered by Alicia’s Place Consulting and is presented by Dr. Ceth Ashen.
Dr. Ashen is a licensed clinical psychologist and consultant with over 20 years of experience
providing consultation to non- profit and for profit behavioral health agencies nationally and
internationally. Dr. Ashen specializes in the impact of trauma on youth and the evidence-based
strategies for healing. Dr. Ashen is a nationally certified trainer in Trauma Focused Cognitive
Behavioral Therapy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Depression, Incredible Years, Managing
and Adapting Practices, Wraparound and CANS. Dr. Ashen trains, supervises, and provides
consultation for clinicians, supervisors and administrators in an effort to advance the field of
evidence based practices for agencies that serve the most vulnerable youth and their families.
Please contact us using [email protected] or 301-351-7257 for questions about the
course or to make ADA accommodation requests.
1) Identify and apply the basic principles of TF-CBT related to complex trauma
2) Summarize the TFCBT Process for Remote implementation 3) Identify the criteria for
Complex Trauma among children and adolescents.
4) Demonstrate an understanding of affective expression and modulation by participating in role
plays and compare interventions for youth with complex trauma
5) Explain importance of trauma narrative and demonstrate ability to apply technique to clients
with complex trauma
6) Identify inclusion and exclusion criteria for whom TF-CBT would be an
7) Participate in role-plays during training to practice the application of the components and
demonstrate use of skills in a fluid manner
8) Explain importance of preparation for Conjoint Sessions
9) Demonstrate an understanding of how to deliver TF-CBT to youth under 12 who demonstrate
problematic sexual behavior
– Psychologists: 6.25 CEs. Alicia’s Place is approved by the American Psychological Association
to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Alicia’s Place maintains responsibility for this
program and its content.
– Social Workers: 6.25 CEs. Alicia’s Place Consulting, 1790, is approved to offer social work
continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing
Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE
providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether
an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Alicia’s Place Consulting
maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/27/2022 – 01/27/2023.
Social workers completing this course receive 11.5 Clinical Practice and 1.5 Ethics continuing
– A completion certificate is provided to the trainee at the conclusion of the training within two
business weeks. In order to receive this completion certificate:
o Participants must fully attend all training days
o Complete and turn in a course evaluation